I sort of ran away with myself yesterday and made sample stitch markers. They are for my Hufflepuff Hogwarts-sock-swap secret pal, and my original intention was to make a bunch to decide which one I liked best, and then go back and make 5 more of that one. I made twelve total, six from Hematite beads, which have a metallic sheen, and six from black stone.
Here are the ones from Hematite. You can't really see the color - it is a silvery/gunmetal/black metallic.
And here are the ones from Black stone:
So, now, the questions.
1. They are hanging on a size one needle. The metal loops are big enough for up to about a size 5 needle, making them basically for socks to DK weight sweaters. Is that big enough, or would people really prefer larger ones?
2. If I were just going to choose one of these twelve and make five more to go with it, which one would you say I should pick to replicate?
3. If I am going to give one of these two sets, as a set of coordinating rather than perfectly matching markers, which set do you think is the nicest?
On to the Swatches...
Here are some slip-stitch patterns I swatched. I am thinking of picking three of these to combine (They tell a story.)
Here is a lace pattern that reminded me of the moving staircases at Hogwarts.
All of these are from Barbara Walkers Second Treasury. I have a few more questions...
4. Have you ever made a sock where you knit the top of the foot first, then knit the bottom, attaching as you go with K2tog at that end of each row?
5. If you did, did you find the place where the "Seam" occurs irritating?
6. Which do you think is the preferable sock - one with color patterns, or one with lace?
I thank you folks for any and all answers to these troubling questions...(Horror movie chord, sound of Voldemort's henchmen using the reductor curse on the door, scream....)