Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mystery Solved

The mystery of why it was the Slytherin table his big brother's spell finally sucked my baby out from under has been solved - it seems they may have been slipping him cookies under there! So the unkind muttered suggestions that they were considering holding him for ransome were just that. But they do not know what they have let themselves in for - he'll be expecting cookies all the time, now, and woe to them when the House Elves serve a dinner without them!

And that Gryffinitter! Showing off about her needle sizes! She should have mentioned that she is a very loose knitter, and needs persnicketily small needles just to get 8 or 9 stitches to the inch on a sock. It's not like she is Althea Merbeck or anything. Ms. Merbeck is one presumed non-magical person who has learned how to work a magic of her own!

I did brew my first simple potion without killing anyone. It turned the color of mud and had to be dug out of the cauldron with a spoon to sample it, but at least the kids got a kick out of it. Really, I need to keep a sense of humor - being bested at almost everything by eleven year olds will quickly get to me if I don't!

I am going to get my revenge one of these days, though. From the looks on people's faces when hobbies come up in conversation, there are no spinning witches in Britain. Wait till I bring my Lendrum down to the courtyard one of these sunny, mild days...

2 comments:

Lizzie Wychwood said...

Dear Belladonna,
I'm delighted to say that there are spinning witches in Britain. My dear sister Emma Wigworthy is a spinner, and her muggle identity on the muggle network Ravelry is "Spinningmaid"! She has been spinning and dyeing yarn which she sells through Etsy.
Love,
Lizzie

Cassandra Puddlemere said...

i'll make sure we bewitch some peas so that he will et those too! He is awfully cute!