Saturday, December 26, 2015

Not so much a resolution as a plan...

I really love swaps. I like skulking around in people's Rav posts looking for hints of things they'd like. I like reading their lists - if they bother to fill one out - in the appropriate threads telling me what colors they like and whether they wear earrings or not and how they feel about Dark vs. Light vs. White chocolate and if that's better with or without caramel/nuts/sea salt/raspberry filling. I like stalking their projects to see what they've made and their queues to see what they hope to make in the future, and their stashes,which might tell me what kind of yarn they lurve. I like figuring out what I can get or make that will delight them, thrill them, make them happy. It's fun to make people happy. And it is also fun to feel like you've done a stellar job at something. I don't do such a bad job, but I never mail early. On time, but not early, and some of my pals are in Europe, as a result of which I have probably spent more on postage in 2015 than I have spent on yarn. But 2016 will be better. In 2016 I will find all the findings so I don't need to run out and get more jump rings (I can never find the right jump rings.) I will keep a running locker full of do-dads with lions, badgers, eagles, snakes, penguins, owls and monkeys on them. I will measure the heads of various small softies so I know what size Santa hats will fit them. I will have a little shoe-box full of generically wonderful yarny stuff like cute buttons, washcloths, wrist bands, stitch markers, measuring tapes, point protectors, and never leave the house without coupons for AC Moore, Michaels and Joanne fabric so that even if i don't need anything there, if I am nearby I can run in and get scissors or needles or Boye project bags at half price. I will have a spreadsheet of everyone I might ever swap with, telling me whether they use two circulars, magic loop or double points! I will enter their candy cravings! I will know who has pierced ears! Well, that's the plan, anyway...

No comments: