Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Inter-house Unity knit-along

I have looked at a few, not all, of the scarves, and they are all lying politely flat, crossed section very fluid and relaxed, more or less exactly like the pattern. Mine, however, looks like this:





There is a lot of texture there, beyond what comes with the thick and thin yarn I am using. The knitting is sort of pulling up into cuplike sections. I can't say I don't like it, and I can't say I haven't thought of possible "fixes" - using a much larger needle, for example, or blocking. I am not sure I will do either, however. For one, I kind of like the way it looks, and for another, well, it seems very me to have knitted a really simple pattern that just - isn't like the rest, even though the rest are very very nice.

5 comments:

Quinn said...

My guess is that your wraps are much tighter, so your super-long stitches aren't as super long. So maybe knit looser? Or keep on keeping on, as long as you like it. Like you said it's not bad, just different from the others.

CentyB said...

It looks much better than your description you made in the common room the other night. Press on! :-)

Astormorray said...

oooh, I love the color. I think it looks neat - all bunched up. :)

Selena Starfire said...

Mine's doing the same thing. Maybe not as bad, but it's definitely going to need blocking. I'm going to add more wraps the next time around.

Selena

junior_goddess said...

T-where are you pulling that pattern from? I like it. Is it in a Barbara??