I have finished torturing the Goblet of Fire Socks - photos when I get them uploaded. There is a downside to having a one Gig memory card in the camera - when you get around to uploading, it takes FOREVER...
But, in the meantime, I am going to answer my questionaire for the second swap... I invite you to join us! (Don't worry, you won't get stuck with me - I'm going to be a "Second Year!" *preens and struts*
Hogwarts Sock Swap Questionnaire
1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into?
2. Shoe size? Foot length? Foot circumference?
Technically, I am an 8 and 1/2 triple E. This is a very hard
size to get, so usually I just buy a nine, sigh, and feel sorry for
my pinkie toes.
My feet are 9 and 3/4 inches long (like the platform) and 9 and 3/4 inches
around (Also like the platform. In fact, sometimes when I look down at them
they look almost as big as a train platform, or I wish they were on a train
I have to say I like my socks with some negative ease in the width. They
can be as long as my feet, but if they are as wide, then they feel loose and
sloppy and I feel like I am running around in public wearing pajamas
with no underoos... This is probably just a personal quirk and I assure the
universe that you are all free to like your socks loose. I just like mine
3. List your three favorite sock yarns.
I am pretty sure some of these are not
made anymore, and I have not tried tons, but I will list three anway...
c. Socka Cotton
4. Would you like to try a new brand of sock yarn? If so, which brand?
Hmmm...yes, I might, and I think it would be nice if it was very soft and
fairly tightly spun, like Koigu, but I know from experience it had better
be superwash... from sad, sad, experience...
5. Do you prefer variegated or solid sock yarn?
I prefer solids. I might like a variegated, but I
DO NOT like self-patterning.
6. What colors would you like to add to your sock yarn stash?
Vivid, pretty ones! Purples, pinks, blues, greens (But not Kelly/Saint
Patrick's day green)reds, or vivid autumn colors like rusts, purples, deep
7. What kind of sock patterns do you gravitate toward? Lace? Ribbed? Fair Isle?
I gravitate towards really interesting patterns, as most simple ones I can
figure out for myself. I like lace, some Fair Isle, and more complicated
8. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, animals, etc.)
I am allergic to smoke, but as far as I know I am not allergic to pet
animals or fibers.
9. Will your socks be exposed to cigarette smoke or animals as you knit them?
No, not at all. We have no pets and no one smokes here. I don't take my
knitting anywhere where people smoke either, now that I think of it.
10. Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal?